I truly pray everyone is settled in to the new school year and getting ready for the first big break in November! Let's hope Florida decides to allow us to experience an actual Autumn thisyear :) How marvelous would that be!?
We have been doing our best to acclimate the students to their new groups and/or leaders and so far it looks great! We do have a couple of minor changes coming in the 6th grade girls group so bear with us as we make those groups even more amazing!
SUGAR RUSH: October 26th we will have a HUB night filled with Worship, games, costume contests and, of course, lots of sugar! Have your student start thinking about how they are going to dress!
HIGH SCHOOL RETREAT: November 11-12, 2016 will be our High School Retreat. Students in 9th - 12th grades will meet at the church at 7:30am on Friday morning the 11th (school is out that day so our 2016 retreat is almost a full day longer than last years! ) We will be staying at Country Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach and return to the church at 10pm on Saturday evening the 12th.
This is a leadership/training weekend for our High School Students where we pray they will grow closer to God and live it out in their schools.
Price for this event is set at $75 through October 30th and will increase to $85 after that date. Registration is now available at the Warehouse desk! Signs are up with the info and the registration cards and payment can be received by myself, Chris or Beth at the beginning and end of each of our youth services on Wednesdays and Sundays.
WAREHOUSE DESK: If you need any information regarding your students Connect Group, events, have a friend who needs to be added to the email list, or anything else, this is the place to go!
Also, check out our brand new Church at the Mall Student Ministry website @www.mallstudents.com
Here is the link to this week's lesson.
One Great SAVIOR!
THE POINT: God offers us hope and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
* When was a time that you got lost and needed someone's help?
* Why is it hard for us to recognize that we are helpless?
* What are we offered in a relationship with Christ?
Discuss the following quote: "In reality, salvation was bought not by Jesus' fist, but by His nail-pierced hands; not by muscle but by love; not by vengeance but by forgiveness; not by force but by sacrifice. Jesus Christ our Lord surrendered in order that He might win; He destroyed His enemies by dying for them and conquered death by allowing death to conquer Him."
LIVE IT OUT: Your student has been encouraged to take practical steps to take his or her faith and Live It Out in the Personal Study Guide.
Here are some ways you can encourage your students to live out their faith with Christ personally, in community, and in their culture:
* CHRIST: Create a list with your student of people you personally know need to be saved. Post your list on the fridge, and each night as a family, pray for every name on the list.
* COMMUNITY: Share your personal testimony with your student and encourage him or her to also share.
* CULTURE: Pray with your student for the opportunity and courage to share his or her testimony. Sharing our stories of Christ can be powerful ways of bringing the gospel to those who do not yet know the truth.