How's everyone doing? We are all having tons of fun preparing for the end of the year events! Yesterday we talked about Sugar Rush, the Christmas parties and High School Retreat and the students are in for such a great time!
SUGAR RUSH: October 26th we will have a HUB night filled with games, costume contests and, of course, lots of sugar! Be sure to help your student decide on a costume for this night! I've heard of some pretty hilarious ones from the Peanut Gallery around here :)
HIGH SCHOOL RETREAT: November 11-12, 2016 will be our High School Retreat. Students in 9th - 12th grades will meet at the Lakeland Campus at 7:30am on Friday morning the 11th (school is out that day so our 2016 retreat is almost a full day longer than last year!) We will be staying at Country Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach and return to the church at 10pm on Saturday evening the 12th.
This is a leadership/training weekend for our High School Students where we pray they will grow closer to God and live it out in their schools.
**Be sure you have a Medical Waiver on file before this event!
Price for this event is set at $75 through October 30th and will increase to $85 after that date. Registration is now available at the Warehouse desk! Signs are up with the info and the registration cards and payment can be received by myself, Chris or Beth at the beginning and end of each of our youth services on Wednesdays and Sundays or with me in the office any weekday.
WAREHOUSE DESK: If you need any information regarding your students Connect Group, events, have a friend who needs to be added to the email list, or anything else, this is the place to go!
Also, check out our brand new Church at the Mall Student Ministry website @ www.mallstudents.com
Here is the link to this weeks lesson.
One Great Commitment
Romans 10:1-3; 8-13
THE POINT: I must trust in Christ alone for salvation.
* Where do you usually see people that are passionate but without knowledge?
* What is one problem with trying to earn your salvation?
* Why is salvation both easy and difficult for those who give their lives to Christ?
Discuss the following quote: "Without a heart transformed by the grace of Christ, we just continue to manage external and internal darkness."
LIVE IT OUT: Your student has been encouraged to take practical steps to take his or her faith and Live It Out in the Personal Study Guide.
Here are some ways you can encourage your students to live out their faith with Christ personally, in community, and in their culture:
* CHRIST: Talk with your student about salvation through the confession of sins and surrendering of your life to Christ. If your student has not done this, talk with him or her about making a decision to do so.
* COMMUNITY: Invite friends of your student over who do not know Christ. Use the opportunity to reflect Christ's love in your home and invite them to know Christ better.
* CULTURE: Discuss opportunities with your student to take the gospel to those who need it. Don't let fear discourage him or her from big ideas and taking large leaps to further the kingdom.