I'm so excited to meet with all of you again! It's been a while since we've all been together but I believe you will be just as excited as I am when you hear all of the amazing things Student Ministry has in store for your students! It is going to be an absolutely amazing year! See you Sunday at 11:00am!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you ever miss an email or need to find out more info on any of our upcoming events, take a look at our Parent Central! Click here http://www.mallstudents.com/parent/
HUB KICKOFF: We're back! TONIGHT is our huge New Year Kick Off!
PARENT CONNECT MEETING: THIS SUNDAY!
- WHEN: January 15th at 11:00
- WHERE: in Room 680, the Life Training Center.
- WHY: Please come grab a coffee and a donut and join us for this very important Parent Meeting! We will be discussing all of the amazing things coming up in Student Ministry. We will go over important dates, information regarding fundraising, mission trips, etc.
The new 2017 waivers will be available and our notaries will be here to help get these on file for your student! Everyone will need to complete this for the new year. They will be good for all events through the entire year. PLEASE BRING YOUR STUDENTS INSURANCE CARD WITH YOU TO THE MEETING! We will make copies to attach to your waiver.
GIRLS VALENTINE DINNER: Due to the budgetary constraints, we feel we need to cancel this event for this year. We apologize if this causes any confusion.
ONEPOINT PARENT MEETING: February 12th immediately following the service. If your student is participating in OnePoint weekend with us, you will need to be at this meeting! We will have important information available for you including medication protocol, notaries for last minute waivers and emergency numbers.
ONEPOINT WEEKEND: February 17-19, 2017! Middle and High School students are invited to this 3 day event! Brilliant speakers, amazing worship and ridiculous fun is in store for everyone! The students will be staying in Host Homes with leaders who have been background checked through the Department of Children and Family Services.
Volunteering for this event can mean many things!
- It could be serving meals, driving the vans to get the students to and from activities, re-setting rooms after sessions or meals, student registration, on-campus nurses, and so many more!
- Perhaps you'd like to sponsor a student or open your home to host a group of our students and their leaders?
Please pray diligently about how God can use you to serve at this event. It is such a blessing and I know you will be happy you did! If you have any questions or if you want to be added to the list of volunteers, FIND ME! Let's talk!
We are continuing our series “Finishing Strong” by looking at the Old Testament book of Haggai. God sent the prophet Haggai to his people in Jerusalem because they had neglected their top priority of rebuilding God’s temple. They lost sight of God’s priorities and plans, so God offers them encouragement through Haggai. God reassures his people that he’s still with them. Even though they’ve become distracted, he has remained faithful to them. The people finish strong by completing God’s temple, and their example offers lessons about how we can finish strong, too.
Please take a few minutes to talk about our lesson with your teenager this week. You can build a conversation around these questions:
- What’s your top priority right now, and why? How do you envision that changing over time?
- When do you get the most distracted? When are you the most focused?
- What makes you most excited about following Jesus and discovering his plan for your life?
We’re grateful that you’ve invested in your teenager’s faith walk. May God encourage you as you keep him first in your life!