What a great meeting Sunday! Thank you to all of you who were able to come and be with us! It truly is our desire to partner with you and guide these amazing students on the path God has mapped out for each of their lives! Thank you for being a part of this meeting and showing your support for the ministry and our team!
We covered so many things and there is so much we are looking forward to that I thought a recap might be in order!
Also, come and listen in to our incredible students as they lead worship tonight! It's so great to watch our students lead their peers in worship to our one and only Savior!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you ever miss an email or need to find out more info on any of our upcoming events, take a look at our Parent Central! Click here http://www.mallstudents.com/parent/
2017 WAIVERS were made available at the Parent meeting this past Sunday. If you were not able to come or didn't have the opportunity to get yours filled out, click HERE to print it out to complete and return to us. Also, please bring a copy of your students insurance (front and back) with the waiver. Any parent who plans on being involved in our events this year, will also need to be add on the waiver. One waiver per family is fine.
MEETING SLIDES: are HERE in case you would like them for reference.
HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS BIBLE STUDY: Our High School girls are invited to join our wonderful (female) leaders as they discuss the tough stuff! This Bible Study will be centered around WHOSE we are and keeping our hearts, minds and bodies pure. God created beautiful women and He is the one who defines what that means. The ladies will lead our students through these delicate topics using God's word to help the girls understand without a doubt that they are beautifully created and we are His first.
- WHEN: January 22 - February 12
- TIME: 6:30-8pm
- WHERE: Katie Beach's home: 2618 High Ridge Drive Lakeland, FL 33812 Gate Code: 1838
- QUESTIONS?: 817-368-9818
GUYS BIBLE STUDY: Our High School guys are invited to join our MALE leaders as they discuss how to be God's man first and foremost before they can be who He created them to be as a godly mate. This Bible Study will be centered around WHOSE we are and keeping our hearts, minds and bodies pure. God created these amazing young men to be faithful, God fearing leaders in their homes and He has given us the instruction manual! The men will lead our students through these topics using God's word to help the boys understand the hows and whys of being all they were created to be.
- WHEN: January 22 - February 12
- TIME: 6:30-8:30pm
- WHERE: Luis Ruiz's home: 5316 Ray Place Lakeland 33813
- QUIESTIONS?: 863-899-4761
BRAZIL STUDENT MISSION TRIP INTEREST MEETING: January 22nd in the Senior Room from 12-12:30pm.
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP INTERST MEETING: January 29th from 12-12:30pm in the Senior Room.
GIRLS VALENTINE DINNER: Due to the budgetary constraints, we feel we need to cancel this event for this year. We apologize if this causes any confusion.
ONEPOINT PARENT MEETING: February 12th immediately following the service. If your student is participating in OnePoint weekend with us, you will need to be at this meeting! We will have important information available for you including medication protocol, notaries for last minute waivers and emergency numbers.
ONEPOINT WEEKEND: February 17-19, 2017! Middle and High School students are invited to this 3 day event! Brilliant speakers, amazing worship and ridiculous fun is in store for everyone! The students will be staying in Host Homes with leaders who have been background checked through the Department of Children and Family Services.
Volunteering for this event can mean many things!
- It could be serving meals, driving the vans to get the students to and from activities, re-setting rooms after sessions or meals, student registration, on-campus nurses, and so many more!
- Perhaps you'd like to sponsor a student or bring breakfast to one of our host homes for their group of students and leaders?
- Would you like to be a "backup" host home? We had such a great group on Sunday and I believe we have enough volunteers to host our students! This is amazing! Thank you all so much for your willingness! All kinds if things can happen last minute so if you wouldn't mind being a Plan B for a group of students, that would be so appreciated!
Please pray diligently about how God can use you to serve at this event. It is such a blessing and I know you will be happy you did! If you have any questions or if you want to be added to the list of volunteers, FIND ME! Let's talk!
BENEFIT DINNER/TALENT SHOW/SILENT AUCTION AND RAFFLE: May 7th. There are MANY areas where we will need volunteers. The immediate need is soliciting donations of services, items, sports paraphernalia, etc! HERE is the letter to use for donation requests! If you are willing to help with this fundraiser, PLEASE contact me! I'd love to work together!
BRAZIL STUDENT MISSION TRIP: Click here for FLYER
- WHEN: June 15-22
- COST: $2095. Deposit of $250 due February 12th.
- Interest meeting January 22nd in the Senior Room from 12-12:30pm.
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP:
- WHEN: July 8-15
- COST: $950
- Interest meeting January 29th from 12-12:30pm in the Senior Room.
VERTICAL STUDENT CAMP: July 23-28 in Odensville, Alabama!
We’re continuing our series called “Finishing Strong.” This week, we explore Zechariah 9:9–10:12, where God sends a prophet to the people of Jerusalem. Zechariah reminds them about God’s power, as well as God’s track record of being in control even during dark times. By looking back at these examples, the people were able to trust God and have hope in him. Zechariah also prophesies about the coming of the ultimate hope—the Messiah, Jesus Christ.
This week, I encourage you to spend a few minutes talking with your teenager about our lesson. Consider building your conversation around these questions:
- When you think about the future, what makes you feel uncertain? What makes you feel hopeful?
- In the past, what are some ways God has protected you? How can you use those to remind you of God’s goodness and trustworthiness?
- How can looking back over your life give you hope for the future?
We appreciate your prayers for our young people and this ministry to them. Have a great week!