Good afternoon amazing parents!
Did everyone have a "SUPER" weekend? Hope everyone was rooting for the Patriots! If not, maybe next year! Either way, I hope everyone had some well deserved relaxation and fun :)
We only have a couple of immediate needs this week! (ok, maybe 4)
- Be sure your student is registered for OnePoint! You can register and pay at www.mallstudents.com If your family or a friend is in need of scholarship help, please let us know! We don't want any student to miss out for financial reasons!
- Be sure you have the new 2017 waiver on file for you (if you plan on volunteering at any of our events this year) and/or your student. Click HERE to print it out and bring Sunday. Remember that we will need a copy of your student's insurance card with the waiver!
- The OnePoint Parent meeting is THIS SUNDAY immediately following the 11:00 service in room 460 (Middle School Room)!
- Brazil Student Mission Trip deposit of $250 is due this Sunday.
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you ever miss an email or need to find out more info on any of our upcoming events, take a look at our Parent Central! Click here http://www.mallstudents.com/parent/
February Birthday are:
Melissa Rogers (5th)
Lisa Hancock (24th)
Andrew Tattrie (28th)
AND.....CHAD IS GETTING MARRIED on February 24th! We will have a small reception on Feb 15th immediately following Hub and there will be CAKE! If you'd like to show Chad and Shaela a little love, they are registered at Target!
2017 WAIVERS are now available! Click HERE to print it out to complete and return to us. Also, please bring a copy of your students insurance card (front and back) with the waiver. Any parent who plans on being involved in our events this year, will also need to be INCLUDED on the waiver. One waiver per family is fine.
HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS BIBLE STUDY: Our High School girls are invited to join our wonderful (female) leaders as they discuss the tough stuff! This Bible Study will be centered around WHOSE we are and keeping our hearts, minds and bodies pure. God created them as beautiful women and He is the One Who defines what beauty truly means. The ladies will lead our students through these delicate topics using God's word to help the girls understand without a doubt that they are beautifully created and we are His first.
- WHEN: January 29 - February 12
- TIME: 6:30-8pm
- WHERE: Katie Beach's home: 2618 High Ridge Drive Lakeland, FL 33812 Gate Code: 1838
- QUESTIONS?: 817-368-9818
HIGH SCHOOL GUYS BIBLE STUDY: Our High School guys are invited to join our MALE leaders as they discuss how to be God's man, first and foremost, before they can be who He created them to be as a godly mate. This Bible Study will be centered around WHOSE we are and keeping our hearts, minds and bodies pure. God created these amazing young men to be faithful, God fearing leaders in their homes and He has given us the instruction manual! The men will lead our students through these topics using God's word to help the boys understand the hows and whys of being all they were created to be.
- WHEN: January 29 - February 12
- TIME: 6:30-8:30pm
- WHERE: Luis Ruiz's home: 5316 Ray Place Lakeland 33813
- QUESTIONS?: 863-899-4761
ONEPOINT PARENT MEETING: February 12th immediately following the service. If your student is participating in OnePoint weekend with us, you will need to be at this meeting! We will have important information available for you including medication protocol, notaries for last minute waivers, and emergency numbers. Remember, you can register and pay online at www.mallstudents.com
ONEPOINT WEEKEND: February 17-19, 2017! All Middle and High School students are invited to this 3 day event! Brilliant speakers, amazing worship and ridiculous fun are in store for everyone! The students will be staying in Host Homes with leaders and hosts who have been background checked through the Department of Children and Family Services.
The cost for this event is $75. This includes the event and all activities, dinner Friday night, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday morning. You can register at the Warehouse desk or we also have registration and payment available online at http://www.mallstudents.com
WE NEED YOU! There are so many areas where we will need extra hands during this entire weekend! Please read on and see where you can be of service for this incredible event!
- Can you help serve meals, drive the vans to get the students to and from activities, re-set rooms after sessions or meals, register students, be an on-campus nurse???
- Perhaps you'd like to sponsor a student or bring breakfast to one of our host homes for their group of students and leaders?
- Would you like to be a "backup" host home? We had such a great group at the Parent meeting who signed up to host and right now we have our host homes secured! This is amazing! Thank you all so much for your willingness! Having said that, all kinds of things can happen last minute so if you wouldn't mind being a Plan B for a group of students, that would be so appreciated!
Please pray diligently about how God can use you to serve at this event. It is such a blessing and I know you will be happy you did! If you have any questions or if you want to be added to the list of volunteers, FIND ME or EMAIL ME and let's talk!
BENEFIT DINNER/TALENT SHOW/SILENT AUCTION AND RAFFLE: May 7th. There are MANY areas where we will need volunteers.
The immediate need is soliciting donations of services, items, sports paraphernalia, etc! HERE is the letter to use for donation requests!
If you are willing to help with this fundraiser, PLEASE contact me! I'd love to work together! Donations you have secured can be brought to me at the office any day during the week or on any Sunday!
BRAZIL STUDENT MISSION TRIP: Spots are filling up quickly! Click HERE for the application and Click HERE for more info.
- WHEN: June 15-22
- COST: $2095. Deposit of $250 due February 12th.
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP: Click HERE for the application.
- WHEN: July 8-15
- COST: $975
- more info: contact myself at my email address below or Luis at email@example.com
VERTICAL STUDENT CAMP: July 23-28 in Odensville, Alabama!
In our second lesson on Jesus’ Great Commandments, we explore Jesus’ call to love our neighbors as we love ourselves (Matthew 22:39). At first glance, this may seem like a tricky topic for teenagers, who often struggle with low self-esteem or even self-loathing.
We explore what loving yourself means—and doesn’t mean. After all, Jesus’ point wasn’t for us to pat ourselves on the back. Instead, we will zero in on the many ways we naturally love ourselves and explore how that translates into the way we regard and respond to others.
Jesus’ call to radically love others isn’t easy. It goes against our natural, self-centered instincts. But, as we will discuss, we can live it out when it’s a natural outpouring of our love for God (the first Great Commandment). As young people grow closer to Jesus, experiencing Christ’s love and faithful presence, their committed love for God will grow, and so will their ability to express that love to other people.
How have you experienced a similar connection in your own faith journey? Talk with your teenager this week using questions such as:
- When has your experience of God’s love for you—and your love for God—naturally motivated you to show love to another person?
- How does the second Great Commandment most challenge you?
- Who is someone we can show love to together? What’s a practical way we can care for that person?
Thanks for all your prayers for our students and our ministry. Have an amazing week!
FOR KEEPS [MEMORY VERSE]
Encourage and/or challenge your teenagers to memorize the Scripture below.
“ ‘Love your neighbor as yourself’ ” (Matthew 22:39)