Another week in the life of students is coming to a close! I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful our team is and how much fun we are having with your students! If you haven't met their Connect Group Leader, please make a point to do that. These beautiful people who volunteer their time every week are just incredible and they love your kids so much! Be sure to look them up this week and let them know how much you appreciate their commitment to you and your students! I know that would mean to world to them!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you ever miss an email or need to find out more info on any of our upcoming events, take a look at our Parent Central! Click here http://www.mallstudents.com/parent/
February Birthday are:
Melissa Rogers (5th)
Lisa Hancock (24th)
Andrew Tattrie (28th)
AND.....CHAD IS GETTING MARRIED on February 24th!
2017 WAIVERS are now available! Click HERE to print it out to complete and return to us. Also, please bring a copy of your students insurance card (front and back) with the waiver. Any parent who plans on being involved in our events this year, will also need to be INCLUDED on the waiver. One waiver per family is fine.
HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS BIBLE STUDY: Our High School girls are invited to join our wonderful (female) leaders as they discuss the tough stuff! This Bible Study will be centered around WHOSE we are and keeping our hearts, minds and bodies pure. God created them as beautiful women and He is the One Who defines what beauty truly means. The ladies will lead our students through these delicate topics using God's word to help the girls understand without a doubt that they are beautifully created and we are His first.
- WHEN: January 29 - February 12
- TIME: 6:30-8pm
- WHERE: Katie Beach's home: 2618 High Ridge Drive Lakeland, FL 33812 Gate Code: 1838
- QUESTIONS?: 817-368-9818
HIGH SCHOOL GUYS BIBLE STUDY: Our High School guys are invited to join our MALE leaders as they discuss how to be God's man, first and foremost, before they can be who He created them to be as a godly mate. This Bible Study will be centered around WHOSE we are and keeping our hearts, minds and bodies pure. God created these amazing young men to be faithful, God fearing leaders in their homes and He has given us the instruction manual! The men will lead our students through these topics using God's word to help the boys understand the hows and whys of being all they were created to be.
- WHEN: January 29 - February 12
- TIME: 6:30-8:30pm
- WHERE: Luis Ruiz's home: 5316 Ray Place Lakeland 33813
- QUESTIONS?: 863-899-4761
ONEPOINT PARENT MEETING: February 12th immediately following the service. If your student is participating in OnePoint weekend with us, you will need to be at this meeting! We will have important information available for you including medication protocol, notaries for last minute waivers, and emergency numbers. Remember, you can register and pay online at www.mallstudents.com
MIDDLE SCHOOL SUPER BOWL PARTY: February 5th
- WHERE: Middle School Room
- WHEN: from 6pm - halftime
- WHAT: Come watch the game (no commercials will be shown) and stuff your face with pizza, drinks, popcorn and let's have tons of fun!
- QUESTIONS?: Contact me at the email at the bottom or Chad at firstname.lastname@example.org
ONEPOINT WEEKEND: February 17-19, 2017! All Middle and High School students are invited to this 3 day event! Brilliant speakers, amazing worship and ridiculous fun are in store for everyone! The students will be staying in Host Homes with leaders and hosts who have been background checked through the Department of Children and Family Services.
The cost for this event is $75. This includes the event and all activities, dinner Friday night, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday morning. You can register at the Warehouse desk or we also have registration and payment available online at http://www.mallstudents.com
WE NEED YOU! There are so many areas where we will need extra hands during this entire weekend! Please read on and see where you can be of service for this incredible event!
- Can you help serve meals, drive the vans to get the students to and from activities, re-set rooms after sessions or meals, register students, be an on-campus nurse???
- Perhaps you'd like to sponsor a student or bring breakfast to one of our host homes for their group of students and leaders?
- Would you like to be a "backup" host home? We had such a great group at the Parent meeting who signed up to host and right now we have our host homes secured! This is amazing! Thank you all so much for your willingness! Having said that, all kinds of things can happen last minute so if you wouldn't mind being a Plan B for a group of students, that would be so appreciated!
Please pray diligently about how God can use you to serve at this event. It is such a blessing and I know you will be happy you did! If you have any questions or if you want to be added to the list of volunteers, FIND ME or EMAIL ME and let's talk!
BENEFIT DINNER/TALENT SHOW/SILENT AUCTION AND RAFFLE: May 7th. There are MANY areas where we will need volunteers.
The immediate need is soliciting donations of services, items, sports paraphernalia, etc! HERE is the letter to use for donation requests!
If you are willing to help with this fundraiser, PLEASE contact me! I'd love to work together! Donations you have secured can be brought to me at the office any day during the week or on any Sunday!
BRAZIL STUDENT MISSION TRIP: Spots are filling up quickly! Click HERE for the application and Click HERE for more info.
- WHEN: June 15-22
- COST: $2095. Deposit of $250 due February 12th.
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP:
- WHEN: July 8-15
- COST: $950
- more info: contact myself at my email address below or Luis at email@example.com
VERTICAL STUDENT CAMP: July 23-28 in Odensville, Alabama!
Come and listen to our incredible students in the worship band tonight!
We’re spending two weeks exploring two critical statements Jesus made that he claimed summed up “the entire law and all the demands of the prophets” (Matthew 22:40). These commandments, found in Matthew 22:34-40, challenge us to love God wholeheartedly, and to love others as we love ourselves.
This week we zero in on loving God. This isn’t just about having loving feelings for God; rather, it’s about loving God in every aspect of our lives and with all our effort. This kind of love is expressed not just through emotions but through obedience and “all-in” commitment.
This week, reflect candidly with your teenager about your own efforts and challenges in loving God this way. As you share, you demonstrate the balance of grace and earnest effort that characterizes a life of discipleship.
Consider talking together about these questions:
- Why do you think Jesus focused first on love for God rather than on adherence to rules?
- In what arena of life is it toughest to actively love God? Explain.
- How can being more aware of God’s loving presence help us more intentionally love him during challenging times?
Thanks for loving your student and for supporting our ministry in prayer!