We are so thankful for you! We love the fact that we get to partner with you to help influence these students to be a part of the plan God has for them! Please use us as a support for you. That being said, if your student is struggling with life stuff and you think they need another perspective, let us know and we would love to talk with them! We have an incredible group of students and we can’t thank you enough for being involved in the things that we do in this ministry!
ALSO: Tonight we are in week three of our Wednesday night series, SOCIAL. We will be talking about how we use social media to interact with others. We will talk about the dangers of talking to strangers on social media. We will also discuss how important it is for us to have more conversations in person rather than just texting and messaging back and forth. We are hoping to bring back the art of a face to face conversation! Feel free to join us on this last night of this awesome series!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you're ever looking for more information about Student Ministry, take a look at our website. Just click here http://www.mallstudents.com. Then scroll through the tabs for events or checkout parent central for email archives!
Before you get started reading all of the info below, I need to make a plea :) We have 2 areas that I need volunteers to man for us. Please contact me if you can commit to running either of these areas in any of the listed time slots! I need to know this asap! Thanks, Cindy
Bake Sale Table for Brazil Mission Trip
- May 14th * 9:00 - 9:40 - Doris Blake
- May 14th * 10:45 - 11:15
Talent Show Ticket Sales
- May 14th * 9:00 - 9:40
- May 14th * 10:45 - 11:15 - Becky Appleton
- May 14th * 11:45 - 12:15
- May 21st * 9:00 - 9:40
- May 21st * 10:45 - 11:15 - Becky Appleton
- May 21st * 11:45 - 12:15
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to these incredible people!
Chad Daugherty - 13th
Jon Kirk - 27th
BENEFIT DINNER/TALENT SHOW/SILENT AUCTION AND RAFFLE: May 21st
OK! So here is the latest on the Silent Auction and Raffle: Thankfully, we have had quite a few donations that we were able to combine to make in to larger ones. There are a few items that we would like to add to complete the baskets and THAT is where YOU come in!
Listed below are the individual items needed. Please contact Cindy and let her know if you are able to donate any of these (or other) items!
- Tent and/or other camping supplies.
- 12x12 Scrapbook Album - Received!
- Hunting paraphernalia.
- Beach Umbrella, Chair or other weekender type items.
- Grill or outdoor cooking items.
- We are still looking for a weekend get away at a time share or beach/mountain/river house.
*Sign out tickets for your students at the Warehouse desk and START SELLING!
MAY 28th:SENIOR RECOGNITION SUNDAY: WEDNESDAY MAY 17TH IS THE DEADLINE FOR SENIOR SUBMISSIONS! Parents of Seniors should have received a letter in the mail regarding the details of this special day! You can also view this letter on our website under mallstudents.com/events/Senior Recognition!
BRAZIL STUDENT MISSION TRIP:
- WHEN: June 15-22
- MEETING: Tuesday PM, May 16th. Time and location TBD (Final balance is due at this meeting).
- INFO: contact us at email@example.com
SPIRIT NIGHTS FOR MAY:
- May 19th - Chick-Fil-A North and South - turn your receipt in to be entered in to a drawing for a CFL Basket!
- May 20th - Red Elephant! 11am - 9pm
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP:
- WHEN: July 8-15
- MEETING: Sunday, June 4th in Room 401 (Senior room) after the 11:00am service
- 4th PAYMENT of: $200 due June 4th at the meeting.
- INFO: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
VERTICAL STUDENT CAMP: July 23-28 in Odensville, Alabama!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN ONLINE AND AT THE WAREHOUSE DESK AND ONLINE
$50 non-refundable deposit due at registration to lock you in at that price.
The Price breaks are scheduled as follows:
- $300 May 8th - June 11th
- $350 June 12th - July 16th
Details and online registration can be found at http://www.mallstudents.com/vertical
Registration deposit of $50 can be made online. Deposits and any other payments can be made by phone at 863-682-0163 ext 318 or at the Warehouse desk.
VERTICAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FROM BREAKING BREAD CAFE!:
Looking for an opportunity for your students to serve at the church, reach out to the community AND to have an opportunity for some of Vertical Student Camp paid for?!
2 Partial Scholarships Available!
Well today is your day! For every hour that any student volunteers at Breaking Bread Cafe their name will be placed in a drawing to win a partial scholarship to camp! Obviously the more hours they volunteer the greater chance they have to win. It is also opened up to the family members as well. So if mom, dad, sister, grandparents, etc. volunteer they would be able to put the students name in the drawing as well!
- Hours to serve are from 4 to 7 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Volunteers will be helping set up and serve food.
- Please sign up HERE or on the Breaking Break Cafe FB page.
What an absolute blessing it is to be able to partner with you! You are loved deeply. If you have any questions, we’re here for you!
Luis Ruiz | High School Minister
We’re beginning a new series focusing on the theme “Friends and Family.” For the next three weeks, students will study different passages of Scripture to discover the powerful, life-giving exchange that happens in relationship with God and with people He’s given to us to share life with.
In this first lesson, we will look at Genesis 2:4-25 and Genesis 3:1-11, where God is in relationship with Adam and Eve. Through His perfect love, God gave the first couple everything they needed. Even when they disobeyed His command not to eat the fruit of one tree, God pursued them and brought them out of hiding. God desires to engage in authentic relationship with us, as well, and He wants to be at the center of our relationships with others. God’s perfect love provides all we need, and together we can trust Him.
This week, I encourage you to spend a few minutes talking with your teenager about our lesson. Consider building your conversation around these questions:
- What might it have been like to live in a garden that God created for you, with everything you needed to enjoy life with God?
- How can trust and honesty build relationships? How can a lack of trust and honesty destroy relationships?
- When have you relied on a person so much that you began placing your trust in him or her instead of in God? How did you begin trusting in God again?
Thanks for all your prayers for our students and our ministry. Have a great week!