THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! The talent show was a huge hit and we are so appreciative of those of you who offered to help! It was so great to see our students show off the gifts that God has given them! If your student worked the event to help raise money for them to go to camp, we will have the new balance within the next week or two.
Here are some things coming up that you should know about!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you're ever looking for more information about Student Ministry, take a look at our website. Just click here http://www.mallstudents.com. Then scroll through the tabs for events or checkout parent central for email archives!
Chad Daugherty - 13th
Jon Kirk - 27th
MAY 28th:SENIOR RECOGNITION SUNDAY: We are so excited to celebrate our seniors this Sunday! If you are not a parent of a senior be sure to encourage anyone wearing a cap and gown this Sunday!
SUMMER PROGRAMMING: As summer is quickly approaching, our student ministry wants to make sure you are aware of our adjusted summer programming for Wednesday nights beginning June 7th. MIDDLE SCHOOL will be having theme nights at the church (except for June 7th) and HIGH SCHOOL will be having in home fellowships. Make sure your students don’t miss out on all the action going on Wednesday nights this summer! Please know that as small group leaders, you are more than welcome and encouraged to come and be a part of these times!
Every Wednesday night we will have a blast playing games, hanging out, and learning about God’s Word in a short devotional from 6 to 8 pm.
Here is the Summer Schedule for Middle School:
- June 7th : Kickoff with a Hawaiian Luau Night (@ 7411 Locksley Ln. Lakeland, 33809) Pool party: One piece and modest bathing suits. Guy bring drinks/Girls bring desserts.
- June 21st: Life Size Game Night! Fun times playing classic games, only BIGGER!
- June 28th: Wacky Tacky Prom Night. Come dressed up in your wackiest and tackiest prom outfit and see if you will be crowned tacky prom queen and king!
- July 5th: Cavity Night. Bring your favorite bag of candy to share!
- July 12th: Game Show Night. We will play some super fun and hilarious games!
- July 19th: Movie Night. A movie in our own movie theater!
High School Summer programming will be meeting in homes off campus from 6 to 8pm. There will be fun, fellowship, and opening up God’s Word for a devotional every Wednesday. The exact location and addresses for the homes will be coming to you soon.
SPIRIT NIGHTS FOR JUNE:
- June 2nd - Chick-Fil-A North and South from 5pm – 8pm
- June 11th - Red Elephant from 11am - 9pm
- June 22nd – Sonny’s on South Florida Avenue.
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP:
- WHEN: July 8-15
- MEETING: Sunday, June 4th in Room 401 (Senior room) after the 11:00am service
- 4th PAYMENT of: $200 due June 4th at the meeting.
- INFO: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
VERTICAL STUDENT CAMP: July 23-28 in Odensville, Alabama!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN ONLINE AND AT THE WAREHOUSE DESK
$50 non-refundable deposit due at registration to lock you in at that price.
The Price breaks are scheduled as follows:
- $300 May 8th - June 11th
- $350 June 12th - July 16th
Details and online registration can be found at http://www.mallstudents.com/vertical
The non-refundable Registration deposit of $50 can be made online. Deposits and any other payments can be made by phone at 863-682-0163 ext 318 or at the Warehouse desk.
VERTICAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FROM BREAKING BREAD CAFE!:
YOUR LAST CHANCE TO ENTER IS APPROACHING! THE DRAWING WILL BE HELD SOON!
Looking for an opportunity for your students to serve at the church, reach out to the community AND to have an opportunity for some of Vertical Student Camp paid for?!
2 Partial Scholarships Available!
Well today is your day! For every hour that any student volunteers at Breaking Bread Cafe their name will be placed in a drawing to win a partial scholarship to camp! Obviously the more hours they volunteer the greater chance they have to win. It is also opened up to the family members as well. So if mom, dad, sister, grandparents, etc. volunteer they would be able to put the students name in the drawing as well!
- Hours to serve are from 4 to 7 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Volunteers will be helping set up and serve food.
- Please sign up HERE or on the Breaking Break Cafe FB page.
What an absolute blessing it is to be able to partner with you! You are loved deeply. If you have any questions, we’re here for you!
We’re wrapping up our series focusing on the theme “Friends and Family.” Through studying various Scripture passages, students have been learning about their life-giving relationships with other people and with God.
In this third lesson, we will read John 13:34-35 and discover the new commandment Jesus gave his disciples right before he died on the cross. This was a simple commandment: to love each other the way Jesus had loved them.
This week, I encourage you to spend a few minutes talking with your teenager about our lesson. Consider building your conversation around these questions:
- What are some traits of Jesus’ love? What does his love offer us that nothing else in this world can offer?
- What obstacles might hinder us from carrying out Jesus’ new commandment?
- Think of a time you struggled to love someone close to you. How did you overcome that struggle? What did Jesus’ love look like in that moment?
Thanks for all of your prayers for our students and our ministry. Have an amazing week!