We hope that you and your students are beginning to get into the groove of the school year! We know that this can be a hectic time, so please know that we are praying for you all as our students begin this next new adventure. We are excited about our Wednesday night series called “Going Viral”. It is a study of the early church and how they had a major encounter with God and started an incredible movement that grew into the church we are a part of today! Please join us in praying for our students to carry the Truth of God into this new school year to make a difference on their school campuses!
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT EQUIPPING PARENTS BELOW!!!!
Here is some info to stay connected, and as always, if there is anything we can do for you just let us know!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you ever miss an email or need to find out more info on any of our upcoming events, just click here http://mallstudents.com
Chris Antley - 6th
Ginger Nipper - 6th
Tammy Mooney - 10th
GLOSSARY OF STUDENT MINISTRY TERMS!: We know that there a ton of new things when you're new to Student Ministry! Maybe this will help clarify a little :):
- Warehouse: This is what we call the area as soon as you walk in to Student Ministry from the Skylight area.
- Student Desk: Right as you walk in to the Warehouse, you will see lovely ladies sitting behind the large desk waiting to greet you. This is activity central. Info for anything student ministry will be found here. Event registrations, waivers, notary services, parent email sign up, etc...
- Cafe: is IN the Warehouse, open each service for students to purchase snacks and drinks, and pizza on Wed nights.
- High School Room: Room #450 where our High School students gathers on Sundays for their lesson and Connect Groups.
- Middle School Room: This is room #460 where Middle School meets on Sundays for their lesson and Connect Groups. This is also where everyone meets on Wednesday evenings for "HUB".
- HUB: Our Wednesday service is affectionately called HUB because it's the hub of where all the cool kids are!
- Waiver: This is a medical waiver that EVERYONE must have on file to participate in our actives and events. If you have not filled one out, they are at the Students desk.
- Sean Beach: Sean is our Family Connect Pastor and is over our Preschool, Children's and Students Ministry. You can find him in any of these areas on Sundays or Wednesdays. Sean has an incredible heart for kids of all ages! You'll see that within the first few moments of meeting him!
- Luis Ruiz: Is our High School Pastor and can be found in any Student Ministry area, connecting with students at just about any time! (Big, tall Cuban guy with a heart of gold :) ) He is always joyful and willing to talk to parents about anything!
- Chad Daugherty: Chad is our Middle School Pastor. He's a special dude :) It takes one to be as amazing as he is with our incredible Middle School kids! You will probably find him playing Ping-Pong or joking around with all of our students in the Warehouse before any of our services!
- Cindy Beaudreault: aka :"Queen B". Cindy is Sean's admin and helps takes care of the day to day management of our Preschool, Children's and Student Ministries and their events. She is the "go to" for.....just about anything you might need! The first place I would look for her on a Sunday or Wednesday, would be in the Student Ministry area. If you have questions or concern regarding these ministries, she will have the answers. If she doesn't, she'll gladly find them for you!
WEDNESDAY NIGHT SERVICE | AUGUST 23TH (TONIGHT!!!): We are in our Wednesday night teaching series called "Going Viral!" We are taking a look at the early church and studying how the Gospel went viral and spread all over the known world at that time. We will see how God desires for His Truth to spread in our lives as well.
PARENT EQUIP SESSIONS | AUGUST 23RD and 30TH: Attention Parents! If you have a child in the Preschool, Children's, or Student Ministries, you won't want to miss this opportunity! Join us for the next couple of weeks, full of information designed for parents on Wednesday evenings at 6:15pm in Theatre 2. Parenting in today's culture can be a daunting task and we want you to know that you are not alone! We would love the opportunity to partner with you on this amazing journey! As all parents know, it takes a village to raise a child!
SUGAR RUSH | OCTOBER 25th: Start thinking about your costume! (And make those dentist appointments too!)
HIGH SCHOOL RETREAT | NOVEMBER 10TH & 11TH: This is our third annual high school event! We will be going to Cocoa Beach for two days to have a time of team building, leadership training, and a ton of fun! We will stay at Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral. We will have more details to you soon, but go ahead and mark your calendars because you will not want to miss it!
What an absolute blessing it is to be able to partner with you! You are loved deeply and appreciated. If you have any questions, we’re here for you!
Luis and Chad
This week we will be wrapping up our series on the habits of Jesus. It has been an incredible time diving into the life of Jesus and discovering how his regular habits connect to our own lives. Instead of just looking at the habits themselves, we’re exploring why Jesus practiced each habit.
In this final lesson, we will look at Luke 5:16, where “Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.” It was a powerful lesson seeing how Jesus needed to get away from people and the demands of life—just like we need to do. Jesus withdrew because he was tired, he needed a break, and he needed to refocus.
This week, I encourage you to withdraw with your teenager and talk. This could be withdrawing to the mountains, the ocean, a park—or withdrawing to the coffee shop. Consider building your conversation around these questions:
- When do you like to get away?
- What do you do when you take a break from people?
- Even if it isn’t me, do you have someone with whom you can share about these times away?
Thanks for supporting your teenager and this ministry. Have a blessed week!