The summer calendar is getting shorter and shorter, and before you know it … it’ll be gone! Thankfully, one of the best parts of summer in our student ministry is yet to come … VERTICAL CAMP 2017!!! That’s right, camp is getting closer and we could not be more excited! Because it is so close, we want to make sure you and your students are fully prepared! In these days leading up to camp, please be in prayer for all of the students and leaders that will be attending. Pray for the Gospel to be shared, received, and lived out.
THE VERTICAL PARENT MEETING is this Sunday (July 16th) following Connect Groups at 12:15 in the Middle School Room (Room 460). If your student is attending camp, it is IMPERATIVE that you are present for this meeting.
- If you have forms to turn in, we have notaries available for you, however, if you have them completed and notarized BEFORE the meeting, it wmay save you from needing to stand in line!
- There is a new medical form that will need to be signed by all going to Vertical 2017.
- Also, if your student has turned 18 years old, they will need to fill out a new Mall Students waiver that is to be signed by them.
Here are some more things coming up that you should know about!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you're ever looking for more information about Student Ministry, take a look at our website. Just click here http://www.mallstudents.com and scroll through the tabs for events or checkout parent central for email archives!
Vince Filippone – 3rd
Juli Clayton – 7th
SUMMER PROGRAMMING: We began our summer programming on June 7th and we have had a blast! In case you’ve been out of town or just been in vacation mode, we’ve included the rest of the schedule! You don’t want to miss a thing! MIDDLE SCHOOL is having theme nights at the church and HIGH SCHOOL is having in home fellowships. Make sure your students don’t miss out on all the action going on Wednesday nights this summer! Please know that parents and small group leaders alike, are more than welcome and encouraged to come and be a part of these times!
MIDDLE SCHOOL: On Wednesday nights from 6 to 8 pm we are having a blast playing games, hanging out, and learning about the attributes of God in our devotional time. Our midweek summer events are geared towards middle schoolers and their friends to provide a fun and exciting experience, centered on Jesus. If you have any questions, contact Pastor Chad Daugherty at (865) 748-6298.
Summer Schedule for Middle School:
- July 12th (TONIGHT) | Game Show Night: We will play some super fun and hilarious games!
- July 19th | LEGO Batman Movie Night: We will be watching a movie in our own movie theater!
HIGH SCHOOL: We are meeting at different houses throughout the summer with food, fun, and fellowship! A different student/leader will share a devotional each week and we will even have worship for a few of the nights. We want to provide a minimally structured night where high school students can hang out, build relationships, and dig into the Word! If you have any questions, contact Pastor Luis Ruiz at (863) 899-4761.
Summer Schedule for High School:
- July 12th (TONIGHT) | MONTANEZ HOUSE: Full size basketball court, Frisbee, and corn hole! The address is 3602 Pinedale Drive, Lakeland, FL 33811
- July 19th | ANTLEY HOUSE: There will be football, Frisbee, food, and board games. Feel free to bring a bathing suit and your own towel because there is also a pool. Guys, no speedos (because no one wants to see that). Girls, modest one piece.
SUMMER BIBLE STUDY
We are holding a summer Bible study for middle and high school students on Tuesday afternoons from 2 – 3:30 pm in the middle school room (460). Your students can join others as we open up and dig in to God’s Word. Don’t miss out on this fun time of fellowship and spiritual growth! Next Tuesday (July 18th) will be the last Bible study for the summer.
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP:
Please be in prayer for our leaders and students as they are making a Kingdom impact in New York. They are reaching children with the Good News of Jesus through VBS, lifting up areas of the city through prayer walking, and sharing the Gospel daily through street evangelism. Pray for energy, courage, and divine encounters to reach others with the Gospel.
VERTICAL STUDENT CAMP: July 23-28 in Odensville, Alabama!
The price for camp is $350 and final balances need to be paid in full by the July 16th Parent meeting. If you are in need of scholarship help, please contact Cindy at the church for opportunities to earn money toward camp.
Details and online registration can be found at http://www.mallstudents.com/vertical
Balances and new registration payments can be made online at the same website, dropped off at the church office or at the Parent Meeting THIS Sunday.
What an absolute blessing it is to be able to partner with you! You are loved deeply and appreciated. If you have any questions, we’re here for you!
Chad Daugherty | Middle School Pastor
This week we are wrapping up our series on “No Regrets,” exploring how to leave our past in the past. In the final lesson, we will look at Isaiah 43:15-19. When we have nothing to look forward to, we tend to live in the past and wallow in our mistakes. But Jesus came to change all that. He wants us to live a life with no regrets.
Jesus promises to do great things; in fact, he’s already at work. We just need to look around us each day to see his mighty hand in the big and little things of life.
Take some time this week to talk with your teenager about this lesson. Feel free to use these questions to get the conversation started:
- Who’s the most powerful person you know? In what ways does this power affect you?
- How do you see that Jesus is at work for you?
- If you could ask Jesus one thing about his plan for your life, what would it be?
We’re so grateful for your prayers and support. Have a wonderful week!