Summer programming has kicked off!! We are so excited for tonight as we meet in homes for hanging out and a short Word! Summer can be filled with free time and nothing to do. Well guess what…we have plenty to do this summer! Check out what we have going on for your student this summer to avoid the “I’m booooored’ talk from happening everyday!
Here are some things coming up that you should know about!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you're ever looking for more information about Student Ministry, take a look at our website. Just click here http://www.mallstudents.com. Then scroll through the tabs for events or checkout parent central for email archives!
Lori Bellar - 6th
Ron Nipper - 9th
Katie Beach - 10th
Angie Bush 15th
SUMMER PROGRAMMING: As summer is upon us and our student ministry wants to make sure you are aware of our adjusted summer programming for Wednesday night’s beginning June 7th. MIDDLE SCHOOL will be having theme nights at the church (except for June 7th) and HIGH SCHOOL will be having in home fellowships. Make sure your students don’t miss out on all the action going on Wednesday nights this summer! Please know that parents and small group leaders alike are more than welcome and encouraged to come and be a part of these times!
Every Wednesday night we will have a blast playing games, hanging out, and learning about God’s Word in a short devotional from 6 to 8 pm. Our midweek summer events are geared towards our middle schoolers and their friends to provide a fun and exciting experience, centered on Jesus.
Here is the Summer Schedule for Middle School:
- June 7th (TONIGHT!!) | Kickoff with a Hawaiian Luau Night HERE AT THE CHURCH!!.
- June 14th | No programming (VBS week).
- June 21st | Life Size Game Night: Fun times playing classic games, only BIGGER!
- June 28th | Wacky Tacky Prom Night: Come dressed up in your wackiest and tackiest prom outfit and see if you will be crowned tacky prom queen and king!
- July 5th | Cavity Night: Bring your favorite bag of candy to share!
- July 12th | Game Show Night: We will play some super fun and hilarious games!
- July 19th | Movie Night: We will be watching a movie in our own movie theater!
High School Summer programming – We will be meeting at different houses throughout the summer. We will have food, fun, and fellowship! A different student/leader will share a devotional each week and we will even have worship for a few of the nights. We want to provide a minimally structured night where high school students can hang out, build relationships, and dig into the Word! If you have any questions, contact Luis Ruiz. CELL: (863) 899-4761
- June 7th (TONIGHT) | SCHMID HOUSE: There is a basketball hoop, pool table, football, Frisbees, and corn hole! Feel free to bring a bathing suit and your own towel because there is also a pool. Guys, no speedos (because no one wants to see that). Girls, modest one piece. The address is1409 Wyngate Lane, Lakeland, FL 33809
- June 14th | NO PROGRAMMING (vbs week)
- June 21st | MONTANEZ HOUSE: Full size basketball court, Frisbee, and corn hole! The address is 3602 Pinedale Drive, Lakeland, FL 33811
- June 28th | 2 INFINITY (FREE): In order to jump for free, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE WELCOME DESK AND FILL OUT THE 2 INFINITY WAIVER by 6/21 (the week before we are out there). We will meet at 2 Infinity at 6:00pm sharp. We will jump for 2 hours!
- July 5th | BEACH HOUSE: We will have food, Frisbee, football, and board games!
- July 12th | MONTANEZ HOUSE: Full size basketball court, Frisbee, and corn hole! The address is 3602 Pinedale Drive, Lakeland, FL 33811
- July 19th | ANTLEY HOUSE: There will be football, Frisbee, food, and board games. Feel free to bring a bathing suit and your own towel because there is also a pool. Guys, no speedos (because no one wants to see that). Girls, modest one piece.
SUMMER BIBLE STUDY
We will be holding a summer Bible study Tuesday afternoons at 2pm here at the church. We will be meeting in the student worship room 460 and we will go until 3:30pm. Your students can join others as we open up and dig in to God’s Word. Don’t miss out on this fun time of fellowship and spiritual growth!
SPIRIT NIGHTS FOR JUNE:
- June 11th – Red Elephant from 11am - 9pm
- June 22nd – Sonny’s on South Florida Avenue.
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP:
- WHEN: July 8-15
- MEETING: Sunday, July 2nd @ the Ruiz house! 5316 Ray Place, 33813 6-8pm!
- 5th PAYMENT of $175 due July 2nd at the meeting.
- INFO: contact us at email@example.com
VERTICAL STUDENT CAMP: July 23-28 in Odensville, Alabama!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN ONLINE AND AT THE WAREHOUSE DESK
$50 non-refundable deposit due at registration to lock you in at that price.
The Price breaks are scheduled as follows:
- $300 May 8th - June 11th (THIS SUNDAY)
- $350 June 12th - July 16th
Details and online registration can be found at http://www.mallstudents.com/vertical
The non-refundable Registration deposit of $50 can be made online. Deposits and any other payments can be made by phone at 863-682-0163 ext 318 or at the Warehouse desk.
- There is a new medical form that will need to be signed by all going to Vertical 2017.
- As well if your student is senior and has turned 18 years old, they will need to fill out a new Mall Students waiver that is to be signed by them.
What an absolute blessing it is to be able to partner with you! You are loved deeply. If you have any questions, we’re here for you!
Luis Ruiz | High School Pastor
We’re halfway through our series focusing on the questions of Jesus. Each week, students are examining a different passage of Scripture to discover what was behind some of the questions Jesus asked in the Gospels.
In this second lesson, we explored Matthew 19:16-22, where Jesus encountered a rich young man. He had lived an exemplary life but felt that something was still missing. Jesus’ question about his focus on the good things of this life rather than a focus on “the One who is good” challenged the young man’s priorities.
This week, I encourage you to spend a few minutes talking with your teenager about our lesson. Consider building your conversation around these questions:
- Is it possible to be “good enough” in this Christian life?
- How does Jesus’ question for the rich young man affect us today?
- Do you think the rich young man eventually changed for the better after having met Jesus? Why or why not?
Have a spectacular week!