We had a total blast kicking off our summer programing last Wednesday and we cannot wait for what the rest of the summer holds!! Right now we are in the middle of Vacation Bible School and it is going so great! Please be in prayer for all the children and families who are coming to be a part of VBS, as well as all of the hard working student and adult volunteers. And because this is VBS week, we will not have any summer programming tonight. So relish this free summer night with your teens and maybe go enjoy some Twistee Treat or Galati Joes!
Here are some things coming up that you should know about!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you're ever looking for more information about Student Ministry, take a look at our website. Just click here http://www.mallstudents.com. Then scroll through the tabs for events or checkout parent central for email archives!
Lori Bellar - 6th
Ron Nipper - 9th
Katie Beach - 10th
Angie Bush 15th
SUMMER PROGRAMMING: As summer is upon us and our student ministry wants to make sure you are aware of our adjusted summer programming for Wednesday night’s beginning June 7th. MIDDLE SCHOOL will be having theme nights at the church and HIGH SCHOOL will be having in home fellowships. Make sure your students don’t miss out on all the action going on Wednesday nights this summer! Please know that parents and small group leaders alike are more than welcome and encouraged to come and be a part of these times!
MIDDLE SCHOOL: On Wednesday nights from 6 to 8 pm we will have a blast playing games, hanging out, and learning about the attributes of God in a devotional time. Our midweek summer events are geared towards middle schoolers and their friends to provide a fun and exciting experience, centered on Jesus. If you have any questions, contact Chad Daugherty (865) 748-6298.
Here is the Summer Schedule for Middle School:
- June 14th | No programming (VBS week).
- June 21st | Life Size Game Night: Fun times playing classic games, only BIGGER!
- June 28th | Wacky Tacky Prom Night: Come dressed up in your wackiest and tackiest prom outfit and see if you will be crowned tacky prom queen and king!
- July 5th | Cavity Night: THERE WILL BE A CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN! Bring your favorite bag of candy to share!
- July 12th | Game Show Night: We will play some super fun and hilarious games!
- July 19th | LEGO Batman Movie Night: We will be watching a movie in our own movie theater!
High School Summer programming – We will be meeting at different houses throughout the summer. We will have food, fun, and fellowship! A different student/leader will share a devotional each week and we will even have worship for a few of the nights. We want to provide a minimally structured night where high school students can hang out, build relationships, and dig into the Word! If you have any questions, contact Luis Ruiz. CELL: (863) 899-4761
- June 14th | NO PROGRAMMING (VBS week)
- June 21st | MONTANEZ HOUSE: Full size basketball court, Frisbee, and corn hole! The address is 3602 Pinedale Drive, Lakeland, FL 33811
- June 28th | 2 INFINITY (FREE): In order to jump for free, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE WELCOME DESK AND FILL OUT THE 2 INFINITY WAIVER by 6/21 (the week before we are out there). We will meet at 2 Infinity at 6:00pm sharp. We will jump for 2 hours!
- July 5th | BEACH HOUSE: We will have food, Frisbee, football, and board games!
- July 12th | MONTANEZ HOUSE: Full size basketball court, Frisbee, and corn hole! The address is 3602 Pinedale Drive, Lakeland, FL 33811
- July 19th | ANTLEY HOUSE: There will be football, Frisbee, food, and board games. Feel free to bring a bathing suit and your own towel because there is also a pool. Guys, no speedos (because no one wants to see that). Girls, modest one piece.
SUMMER BIBLE STUDY
We will be holding a summer Bible study Tuesday afternoons at 2pm here at the church. We will be meeting in the student worship room 460 and we will go until 3:30pm. Your students can join others as we open up and dig in to God’s Word. Don’t miss out on this fun time of fellowship and spiritual growth!
HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS BIBLE STUDY: Sunday evenings 6/18 – 7/9 from 6:30 – 8pm. at the home of Katie Beach. 2618 High Ridge Dr Lakeland 33812: gate code: 1838 If you have any questions, Katie’s number is 817-368-9818
SPIRIT NIGHTS FOR JUNE:
- June 22nd – Sonny’s on South Florida Avenue.
NYC STUDENT MISSION TRIP:
- WHEN: July 8-15
- MEETING: Sunday, July 2nd @ the Ruiz house! 5316 Ray Place, 33813 6-8pm!
- 5th PAYMENT of $175 due July 2nd at the meeting.
- INFO: contact us at email@example.com
VERTICAL STUDENT CAMP: July 23-28 in Odensville, Alabama!
The price for camp is $350 and your $50 non-refundable deposit is due at registration. Balances need to be paid in full by the July 16th Parent meeting.
Details and online registration can be found at http://www.mallstudents.com/vertical
The non-refundable Registration deposit of $50 can be made online. Deposits and any other payments can be made by phone at 863-682-0163 ext 318 or at the Warehouse desk.
- There is a new medical form that will need to be signed by all going to Vertical 2017.
- As well if your student is senior and has turned 18 years old, they will need to fill out a new Mall Students waiver that is to be signed by them.
What an absolute blessing it is to be able to partner with you! You are loved deeply and appreciated. If you have any questions, we’re here for you!
Chad Daugherty | Middle School Pastor
We are going into week three of our series focusing on questions Jesus asked in the Gospels. Each week, our students are examining a different passage of Scripture to discover the backstory behind some of those questions.
In this third lesson, we will explore Mark 10:46-52, where Jesus met Bartimaeus, a blind man who called out for Jesus to heal him. The interesting point of this interaction is not that Jesus healed him, but the question Jesus asked him right before he did it. “What do you want me to do for you?” is not a question that we often associate with our relationship with Jesus. Sometimes we get stuck thinking that our faith journey is all about what we should be doing for God. This week we discussed how Jesus wants to do something for us—we just need to ask.
This week, take some time to talk with your teenager about our lesson. Here are some questions you might want to ask:
- What do we want and need Jesus to do for us?
- What can keep us from asking Jesus to help us with things we can’t change on our own?
- What are some specific things that Jesus has already done for us? How can we be more thankful for those things?
Have an awesome week!