We are so excited about what God is already doing this school year through our students! We just want to take a moment and tell you that we are here to help you!! We exist to support you in the spiritual leadership of your student. So if there is anything we can do to further help that, please let us know! We are praying for you and your family as you navigate the teenage years!
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT EQUIPPING PARENTS BELOW!!!!
Here is some info to stay connected, and as always, if there is anything we can do for you just let us know!
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
If you ever miss an email or need to find out more info on any of our upcoming events, just click here http://mallstudents.com
Chris Antley - 6th
Ginger Nipper - 6th
Tammy Mooney - 10th
GLOSSARY OF STUDENT MINISTRY TERMS!: We know that there a ton of new things when you're new to Student Ministry! Maybe this will help clarify a little :):
- Warehouse: This is what we call the area as soon as you walk in to Student Ministry from the Skylight area.
- Student Desk: Right as you walk in to the Warehouse, you will see lovely ladies sitting behind the large desk waiting to greet you. This is activity central. Info for anything student ministry will be found here. Event registrations, waivers, notary services, parent email sign up, etc...
- Cafe: is IN the Warehouse, open each service for students to purchase snacks and drinks, and pizza on Wed nights.
- High School Room: Room #450 where our High School students gathers on Sundays for their lesson and Connect Groups.
- Middle School Room: This is room #460 where Middle School meets on Sundays for their lesson and Connect Groups. This is also where everyone meets on Wednesday evenings for "HUB".
- HUB: Our Wednesday service is affectionately called HUB because it's the hub of where all the cool kids are!
- Waiver: This is a medical waiver that EVERYONE must have on file to participate in our actives and events. If you have not filled one out, they are at the Students desk.
- Sean Beach: Sean is our Family Connect Pastor and is over our Preschool, Children's and Students Ministry. You can find him in any of these areas on Sundays or Wednesdays. Sean has an incredible heart for kids of all ages! You'll see that within the first few moments of meeting him!
- Luis Ruiz: Is our High School Pastor and can be found in any Student Ministry area, connecting with students at just about any time! (Big, tall Cuban guy with a heart of gold :) ) He is always joyful and willing to talk to parents about anything!
- Chad Daugherty: Chad is our Middle School Pastor. He's a special dude :) It takes one to be as amazing as he is with our incredible Middle School kids! You will probably find him playing Ping-Pong or joking around with all of our students in the Warehouse before any of our services!
- Cindy Beaudreault: aka :"Queen B". Cindy is Sean's admin and helps takes care of the day to day management of our Preschool, Children's and Student Ministries and their events. She is the "go to" for.....just about anything you might need! The first place I would look for her on a Sunday or Wednesday, would be in the Student Ministry area. If you have questions or concern regarding these ministries, she will have the answers. If she doesn't, she'll gladly find them for you!
WEDNESDAY NIGHT SERVICE | We are in our Wednesday night teaching series called "Going Viral!" We are taking a look at the early church and studying how the Gospel went viral and spread all over the known world at that time. We will see how God desires for His Truth to spread in our lives as well.
PARENT EQUIP SESSIONS | AUGUST 30TH (TONIGHT!!): Attention Parents! If you have a child in the Preschool, Children's, or Student Ministries, you won't want to miss this opportunity! Join us for the next couple of weeks, full of information designed for parents on Wednesday evenings at 6:15pm in Theatre 2. Parenting in today's culture can be a daunting task and we want you to know that you are not alone! We would love the opportunity to partner with you on this amazing journey! As all parents know, it takes a village to raise a child!
SUGAR RUSH | OCTOBER 25th: Start thinking about your costume! (And make those dentist appointments too!)
HIGH SCHOOL RETREAT | NOVEMBER 10TH & 11TH: This is our third annual high school event! We will be going to Cocoa Beach for two days to have a time of team building, leadership training, and a ton of fun! We will stay at Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral. We will have more details to you soon, but go ahead and mark your calendars because you will not want to miss it!
What an absolute blessing it is to be able to partner with you! You are loved deeply and appreciated. If you have any questions, we’re here for you!
Luis and Chad
We’ve launched a new series about servant leadership. Each week, students are examining a different Scripture passage to discover truths, insights, and principles about how Jesus-style leadership involves serving other people.
In the first lesson, we explored Matthew 20:20-28, where Jesus confronted his disciples about leadership and power. In a revealing scene, the mother of James and John suggested that Jesus give her sons special leadership roles at Jesus’ side in his kingdom. The resulting dialogue reveals Jesus’ idea of true leadership: service and sacrifice for the benefit of other people.
This week, I encourage you to spend a few minutes talking with your teenager about our lesson. Consider building your conversation around these questions:
- Why do you think the mother of James and John ended up doing the talking for them?
- What does Jesus’ idea of leadership look like? What does it cost?
- What can we as a family do this week to show servant leadership?
- What effects can serving have on the people who are served? What effects can serving have on the people who do the serving?
Thanks for all your prayers for our students and our ministry. Have an amazing week!