I know it seems like there is a never ending amount of events that we are asking you to sign your kids up for, but we love being intentional with how we do events. The next one coming up is for all of our Middle School and High School guys! We are so excited to spend some intentional time with our guys as we have fun, do manly things, and challenge them to grow into incredible young men striving after God! Society and media should not be shaping our definition of manhood! This event is designed to reinforce how God has defined manhood. A godly man is one who is pursuing Christ, striving for purity, and is leading others to do the same! Please consider signing up your kids for this event. More information below!!
Love you all tons, and as always please let us know if we can ever be of assistance for you and your students. We are here for you.
HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN STUDENT WORLD!
These are the big events that are coming up in our student ministry!
Please go to www.mallstudents.com for more information!
SATURDAYS ARE FOR THE BOYS!
- When: Saturday, March 10th from 9am-1pm
- Who: All middle school and high school guys
- Where: Church at the Mall
- Cost: $10
- Bonuses: We will have knockerball, dodgeball, and will provide breakfast and lunch. BYOM (Bring your own meat...optional). Students can bring steaks, sausages, pork chops, brauts, chicken, or whatever else they want, and we will grill it up for them!! Or they can just show up and we will have hamburgers and hot dogs.
- Sign up online right HERE!!
- Who: Grades 6th - 8th
- When: March 26-28, 2018
- Cost: $75 (Payments are made online to secure a spot on the trip)
- The informational parent packet can be viewed HERE
Come to the Welcome Desk on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings to register!
NICARAGUA MISSION TRIP INTEREST MEETING!!!
We’re going to Nicaragua! Will you come with us? Join Pastor Sean for a brief interest meeting after church on Sunday, March 11 in the Senior Room. Some quick details:
- We are partnering with Orphan’s Heart.
- This trip is for High School students.
- The trip dates are June 16-22.
- Cost is around $2,000 (Don’t worry, we’ll fundraise)
- Spots are limited
Hope to see you all at the interest meeting on the 11th!
HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS BIBLE STUDY
Sunday evenings from 6:30 to 8 pm at the Beach home.Contact Katie at (817) 368-9818 with any questions. details here
MIDDLE SCHOOL BIBLE STUDIES
Sunday nights from 6 to 7:30 pm. Please contact Pastor Chad with any questions @ (865) 748-6298.
TALENT SHOW AND BENEFIT DINNER
When: April 22, 2018 6 to 8 pm
This is a great opportunity for students to raise money for Vertical Student Summer Camp! If you would like to help with this event, our greatest need is help getting businesses to donate goods and services for our silent auction. HERE is a letter to print out to hand to local businesses you visit.
We love and care about the families in our ministry so deeply, and our heart is to serve you and your family in the best way that we can! If there is anything we can do to help, please feel the freedom to let us know.
Luis and Chad
We’re launching a new series focusing on Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection. Each week, students are examining Scripture to discover the WHAT and the WHY surrounding Jesus’ crucifixion and his empty tomb.
In this first lesson, we will explore John 19, where John’s eyewitness account walks us through Jesus’ final hours. Like a CSI unit, our teenagers will examine the sights, smells, and sounds of the Cross of Christ. While doing so, students will be encouraged to personally examine how the way Jesus died relates to the reason he died.
This coming week, I encourage you to spend a few minutes talking with your teenager about our lesson. Consider building your conversation around these questions:
- Which eyewitness of the crucifixion can you most relate to: a member of the crowd, one of the soldiers, or one of Jesus’ followers? Why?
- How does the way Jesus died impact you personally?
- Why did Jesus have to die?
Thanks for all your prayers for our students and our ministry. Have an amazing week!